Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup contains guaifenesin to help loosen stubborn mucus and clear chesty coughs.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children
Store below 25°C
Do not use after the expiry date. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month
Read all of this section carefully before you start using Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup. It includes other information which might be especially important for you. Always use this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you.
- Adults, the elderly and children 12 years and over: 3 x 5ml spoonfuls
- The dose should not be repeated more frequently than every 6 hours
- No more than 3 doses should be taken in any 24 hours
- Do not give to children under 12 years
Warnings: Do not take more medicine than the label tells you to. Do not take with any other cough and cold medicine
Do not take this medicine if you…
- Are allergic to guaifenesin or any of the other ingredients
- Suffer from porphyria, which is a blood disorder that causes skin or nervous system problems
Do not use this medicine if you have…
- An allergy to any ingredient listed
- Suffer from porphyria, which is a type of blood disorder that causes skin or nervous system problems
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking if you have…
- An intolerance to some sugars
Pregnant or breastfeeding: Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby
Possible side effects:
Like all medicines, Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup can have side effects, although these don’t affect everyone
Possible side effects are:
- Stomach ache and discomfort, nausea (feeling sick), vomiting (being sick)
- Allergic reactions such as skin rash
Reporting of side effects: If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed here. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for 'MHRA Yellow Card' in the Google Play or Apple App Store. By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
The active ingredients per 15ml are: guaifenesin 200mg
The other ingredients are: water, glycerin (E422), sorbitol (E420), sodium cyclamate (E952), sodium saccharin (E954), carrageenan, potassium sorbate (E202), anise, blackcurrant and menthol, flavours [contains triacetin (E1518), propylene glycol (E1520)], colours ponceau 4R (E124) and caramel (E150)
This medicine contains:
- Sorbitol (E420) 3.1g per 15ml dose. Sorbitol is a source of fructose. If your doctor has told you that you have an intolerance to some sugars or if you have been diagnosed with hereditary fructose intolerance (HFI), a rare genetic disorder in which a person cannot break down fructose, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine
- Propylene glycol (E1520) 25.1mg per 15ml dose
- Sodium less than 1mmol per 15ml dose. That is to say essentially ‘sodium-free’
- Ponceau 4R (E124). May cause allergic reactions
- Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs
- Free from nuts, alcohol and sugar
WHERE CAN YOU BUY COVONIA CHESTY COUGH SUGAR-FREE SYRUP?
Find Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup in online stores and on the high street at the following locations.
Can't find Covonia?
If your local chemist does not stock Covonia, please quote the appropriate PIP code so they can order it for you (it will usually arrive within a working day).
150ml Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup (PIP CODE: 388-2933)
300ml Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup (PIP CODE: 422-0554)
Got a query? We answer your common questions about Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup.
Where can you buy Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup?
Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup is available in all leading pharmacy chains and supermarkets. If your local pharmacy does not stock the product, they can order it through their usual wholesaler. This usually takes no longer than a day or so and should not cost you anything extra on top of the retail price of the product. To order, the pharmacist needs to use a special “PIP” code with their wholesaler. The code for Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup 150ml is 388-2933.
Can children use Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup?
Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup can be taken by children aged 12 years and over. Always read the recommended dose on the back label of the bottle.
Will Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup make me drowsy?
No. Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup works without causing drowsiness.
How does Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup work?
Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup contains the active ingredient guaifenesin, which belongs to a group of medicines known as expectorants. Expectorants help to loosen mucus (phlegm) and provide relief from chesty coughs.
Can you use Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding?
Use of Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup should be avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding, unless recommended by your doctor or pharmacist.
Does Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup contain sugar?
No. The product is sugar-free and is suitable for diabetics and those on a carbohydrate-controlled diet. The product contains 36 calories per 15ml dose.
Does Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup contain alcohol?
No. The product is alcohol-free, making it suitable for professional drivers and any patients who wish to avoid alcohol for either religious or medical reasons.
ARTICLES AND ADVICE
We know a thing or two about coughs and colds. Fight back and tackle any symptoms head-on with our expert articles and advice.