1. Why can’t I see Covonia Throat Spray on the shelves in my local supermarket and pharmacy?
Covonia Throat Spray is a “Pharmacy Only Medicine” and as such it can only be purchased over-the counter at your local pharmacy or the in-store pharmacy counter of your supermarket.
2. How does Covonia Throat Spray work?
Covonia Throat Spray is dual action. It works in two ways: firstly a local anaesthetic numbs the pain, secondly an antibacterial/antiseptic to kill bacteria in the throat.
3. Can children use Covonia Throat Spray?
Covonia Throat Spray can be taken by children aged 12 years and upwards. Please read the recommended dose on the back label of the bottle.
4. Will Covonia Throat Spray make me drowsy?
Covonia Throat Spray is not known to cause drowsiness.
5. How does Covonia Throat Spray work?
Covonia Throat Spray contains Chlorhexidine which acts as an antiseptic/antibacterial and Lidocaine which is a local anaesthetic.
6. Can I use Covonia Throat Spray if I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
7. Does Covonia Throat Spray contain sugar?
No. it is sugar-free and can be used by diabetics.
8. Does Covonia Throat Spray contain alcohol?
The product contains 1.75g of ethanol in each 5ml, equivalent to 0.85ml beer or 0.35ml wine per 5 sprays.
9. The nozzle on my Covonia Throat Spray has stopped working – Help!
The nature of the ingredients in Covonia Throat Spray can sometimes cause the nozzle to become slightly sticky. This occurrence can be very common in other throat sprays. In most cases, by disassembling the nozzle, running it under warm water and then re-assembling it with a few forceful “pumps”, your Covonia Throat Spray should function as normal.
If your question is not listed here, please contact us.